Standby Database Questions

From: Mahesh Hardikar <hardikarm_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 May 2003 05:11:56 -0700

Hi ,

Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 on HP-UX 11.00

We are in a process to implement DR Site using Oracle's Standby Database Feature. I wish to know 2 things :

  1. Is it possible to have NT hosting Oracle instance on DR Site ? i.e. can standby database work across platform ? If so , what changes I need to do in order to copy Archived Log files from HP to NT ?
  2. If it is not possible to have different platforms for Standby Database , can I add 2nd archive log destination pointing to Standby Server ? IN this case suppose some network problem occurs & Oracle is not able to write Archived Log to Standby server , will it affect Primary database also ?
  3. Can Multimaster Replication be used to serve DR purpose ?

Any guidelines/pointers for this are kindly appreciated ....

Thanks & Regards,
Mahesh Hardikar Received on Wed May 21 2003 - 14:11:56 CEST

Original text of this message