Oracle/odbc error -2147467259

From: Richard Stanton <richardpstanton_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 May 2003 04:56:19 -0700

Hello

I am writing some asp's which pull data from our oracle 8.0.5 server on nt via odbc and keep getting the following error:

"error -2147467259 detected.
ADODB.Connection error '800a0e78'
The operation requested by the application is not allowed if the object is closed."

It's a simple set of scripts; first screen is 'choose a date', it then retrieves sessions for that day and displays them, then the third screen allows the user to choose a particular session and view it in more detail.

The error only seems to happen if I wait a few minutes before trying to get to the next screen, which suggests to me that I have lost the connection or something on the server has timed out?

Any ideas gratefully received

thanks in advance

Richard Stanton Received on Fri May 16 2003 - 13:56:19 CEST

Original text of this message