file named STORAGE

From: WvdK <q.q.q_at_raketnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 14:22:56 +0200

Hello

On our Oracle 8.1.7 database server in directory \Oracle\Ora81\Network\Admin, al the network configuration files (tnsnames.ora, listener.ora, sqlnet.ora, etc.) are located. Among them, there is also a file called STORAGE (without an extention). The size of the file is 770 bytes; it seems to be a binary file, filled with zero's, and it also contains the servers host name.

Our server's hostname has been changed after installing Oracle, and the file STORAGE still contains the old hostname. Can anyone tell me the purpose of the file STORAGE, and can we expect problems as long as the file still contains a wrong hostname?
If yes, how can we deal with such a problem?

Thanks for your attention,

WvdK Received on Fri May 16 2003 - 14:22:56 CEST

Original text of this message