Can Oracle exist with DB2?

From: azcheng <member10823_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 20:54:03 +0000

I tried to install Oracle 9iR2 onto mywndows 2000 server box which already has db2 installed.

I downloaded three files 9201NT_DISK1.zip, ..DISK2.zip and ..Disk3.zip. I also verified that my downloaded filesizes are the same as listed on that download page.
That is, my download is OK.

After unzipping all, I run setup.exe.During the installation, there was no problem utill I hit install button. Installing Java Runtime Environment 1.3.1.1.0a failed (the error is Error in writing to file c\Program Files\Oracle\bin\awt.dll).I even retried but still failed. Then I had to choose to "stop installation of this component only". After some continued installation,
I encountered another error: Error in writing to file E:\Oracle|ora92\bin\ociw32.dll. I ignored this and continued to install. At the end, I got "the installation of Oracle 9i was unsuccessful".

Why did I not install these two files to my box? How can I install 9iR2 successfully?

Can Oracle exist with DB2?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Allan