Re: SQL update statement and TIMESTAMP

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 14:27:20 GMT

Use the Force, Luke. Use the power of the database that you or the customer purchased. This generic code thing usually ends up in bloated slow code for systems that work differently from one another. (eg SQL Server!=Oracle) Don't you want to make your application robust and scalable? Isn't that a requirement? I bet you aren't putting in foreign keys either or using bind variables. Arg.
Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure