Re: ORA-3114: not connected to ORACLE on DB creation

From: Matt Darcy <matt_at_darcy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 09:25:52 +0000 (UTC)

  "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3EBC0E42.97BC976_at_exxesolutions.com...   Matt Darcy wrote:

      "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message
news:3EBBF328.34305DB7_at_exxesolutions.com...Matt Darcy wrote:
        Hi all, I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on HPUX11 All goes
well until I get to the database creation section of the install, where I get a
        ORA-3114: not connected to ORACLE  error

        The problem is there kernel paramters are solaris only, what is
the HPUX version of these parameters, or is there a different fix for HPUX.

        Thanks,

        Matt

      Kernel parameters in HP/UX are set in SAM.

      --
      Daniel Morgan

http://www.outreach.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/oad/oad crs.asp
      damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
      (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)

      Hi Daniel,

      Thanks for the post, however I know how to set the parameters in
Both Solaris and HPUX however the parameters

      seminfo semmsl=100

      seminfo semmns=200

      are not valid within hpux.

      Thanks,

      Matt

  Go to http://docs.oracle.com and get a copy of the installation manual if you can't find it on the CD.

  All of the pre-installation steps are detailed.

  And those that follow them succeed.
  --
  Daniel Morgan
  http://www.outreach.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/oad/oad crs.asp   damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
  (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)

  Hi Again Daniel,

  Thanks for the replay again,

  you are missing the point a little. If you read the metalink post there is actually a bug with the solaris install parameters in the docs, I am guessing it is the same with HPUX as I have set the kernel parameters suggested within the install docs.

  Hence why I am asking what the HPUX equivalent of

  seminfo semmsl=100

  seminfo semmns=200

  is

  Thanks,