Installing Oracle 9i AS R1 on Redhat 9.0

From: Nick <npolite_at_NOSPAMMONKEYShotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 18:55:13 -0400

Hello all,

        I've come to a roadblock in my installation of 9i AS on Redhat 9.0. When I try launching the installer I get the following error:

Initializing Java Virtual Machine from /tmp/OraInstall/jre/bin/jre. Please wait...
Unable to initialize threads: can not find class java/lang/Thread Could not create Java VM

I can run the installer fro Oracle 9i Lite without any problems. I have JRE 1.3.1_08 installed and have tried getting ther older version 1.1.8_03 of both JDK and JRE and have had no success. Does anyone know how to resolve this error?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Nick Received on Sat May 10 2003 - 00:55:13 CEST

Original text of this message