Re: Oracle installation problems on IBM AIX

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 6 May 2003 02:34:42 -0700

hari_om_at_hotmail.com (Hari Om) wrote in message news:<d1d5ebe4.0305050836.5a9018ee_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hello,
>

> I am using Oracle 9.2.0.1 on IBM AIX 5.1L
>
> I have 2 Volume Groups: "rootvg" and "oraclevg". I have created and
> mounted "orasoft" on my "oraclevg".
>
> I have a user named" "bigboss" whose home directory is "/orasoft" and
> when I try to INSTALL my Oracle on this it says "No Permission to
> install".
>
> Later when I did troubleshooting I found following attributes of
> "/orasoft":
> #ls -l
> drwxr-sr-x 3 sys sys 512 May 05 09:21 orasw1
>
> Any suggestions as to how to INSTALL my Oracle on this "/orasoft"
>

> THANKS!
>
> Manoj G. Kithany

Sure. The only thing you'll need to do is to read and follow the installation instructions to the letter, not just starting 'somewhere'.
The above config has absolutely 0 to do with the config Oracle prescribes.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue May 06 2003 - 11:34:42 CEST

Original text of this message