Re: Technical (not lame) comparison between Oracle 8i on NT & Oracle 8i on Linux

From: Ethel Aardvark <bigjobbies_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 May 2003 05:06:08 -0700

There may be other aspects which you also need to take into account. For example, if you are using Oracle's version of Apache for anything I do not believe it has been optimised for NT/W2K yet, so probably runs faster / more efficiently on Linux (or unix).

I would also look at when Oracle provides new versions and patches for each O/S. They are probably similar timings but if not, it might be an influencing factor.

Regards,