Re: Oracle TNS error

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 07:27:15 -0700

Carol wrote:
> Thanks for your replies
>
> I am sorry for not being clearer. I have 2 databases db1 and db2.
> db1 is accessed by an internal network only, db2 is accesses by the
> internal network and the other network, its only db2 that is having
> the problems, db1 remains unaffected.

So we can ignore db1 & concentrate on db2.

Keep in mind that when bouncing the Oracle Listener, existing connections are NOT affected. The only "disruption" is that new connections can not be made while the listener is down.

More fault isolation is needed.
When the problem occurs, which set of users see the errors (first); the users on the internal or those on the "other" network?

When the problem occurs what happens if/when you use SQL*PLUS and SQL*Net to acess db2 from both the internal network & the other network? Received on Sun May 04 2003 - 16:27:15 CEST

Original text of this message