Network monitoring tools w/Oracle "visibility"?!?

From: mitiste <mitiste_at_iit.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:19:13 -0500

Hi, everyone,

Sorry for cross-posting - don't know who may have an answer for me, and it is Oracle-across-the-board related question: in an attempt to get a better handle on the Oracle 9i deployment we have, forms servers and Apache install, we would like to be able to get some monitoring tools for end-to-end transactions (client to server). I have some rudimentary processes right now, consisting mostly of an Oracle client-server network transaction simulator, and network sniffers, but it is very time consuming to read all this data and put them together, in order to determine when specific sessions have problems because of network or within the servers themselves.

We looked so far at Compuware's product, then at NetIQ, but I am not sure they can prove to be good enough in regards to "understanding" the Oracle transactins as well as impact of underlying network infrastructure (LAN, WAN, etc.).

Anybody having any suggestions/experience with this?

Thx,
Stef Received on Wed Apr 30 2003 - 19:19:13 CEST

Original text of this message