Querying UltraSearch from Java Application

From: Mark <mgrout_at_wiley.co.uk>
Date: 29 Apr 2003 06:34:12 -0700

I am part of a team building a web app using the Struts framework and deploying on Websphere. We are using Java 1.3, Struts 1.1 and Oracle 9i. We want to use the UltraSearch API's for the site searching. I have coded the relevant classes, by creating a single QueryInstance and putting in the context and then submitting queries to it from the application.

It works for most of the time, but occasionally I'm getting Error 500: Logical handle no longer valid, errors when I search on particular strings. Also it doesn't like being passed quotes or curly braces etc as a query string.

Does anyone have any experience of this or point me in the right direction?

Cheers,
Mark. Received on Tue Apr 29 2003 - 15:34:12 CEST

Original text of this message