Insert Into-why doesn't it work?

From: Monica Roman <monicaroman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Apr 2003 09:12:57 -0700

Hello,
I received help on SQLLDR from this group a few weeks ago and now I need help with the insert into statement. I have 2 tables that have the exact same structure:

  Name                             Type
 ------------------------------- ------------
 FIELD1                            DATE
 FIELD2                            VARCHAR2(30)
 FIELD3                            VARCHAR2(25)
 FIELD4                            CLOB

I need to:

INSERT INTO Table1
SELECT * FROM Table2
WHERE Field1 like '28-APR-03%';

But it doesn't work! why? It should be so simple!! I read a lot of the archived messages on the subject but couldn't find my answer. Apparently it has to do with the LOB field, does it? Please help?

Thank you so much!

Monica Received on Tue Apr 29 2003 - 18:12:57 CEST

Original text of this message