Re: Exorcising 9i

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 22:14:11 +0200

Chris Schumacher wrote:
> I'm planning to take 9i off my computer in a couple of weeks. I knew
> about cleaning out the registry, but someone in the know warned me
> about problems that the left-behind DLL's cause.
> Does anyone know which DLLs I should delete?
>
> Very, VERY much appreciated.
>
> -==Kensu==-

Just remove the services using oradim.
Then, de-install using the Universal Installer (ever tried to install M$ Office with that? ;-)) Remove the Oracle_Home directory (the installer will not remove anything non-original).
Remove the inventory (program files\oracle). That should take care of your dll's.

Specific M$ dll's cannot be removed - they are being used by other programs as well (will they ever program a decent OS???). Unused registry and program remains are cleaned up by several Windoze utilities as regclean.

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel