Re: Intermedia index Problem

From: Kwong <member28500_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 06:37:50 +0000

Hi,

Found the possible solution.

I encountered this problem when I create the IM index from another user.

For example:

CREATE INDEX OTHERUSER.MYIDX ON OTHERUSER.CONTENT(CONTENT) INDEXTYPE IS CTXSYS.CONTEXT
        PARAMETERS ('FILTER CTXSYS.INSO_FILTER'); This will failed and causes the future index with the same MYIDX name to always fail.

As I does a "select table_name from user_tables", I noticed four of the storage objects tables still there and not removed - even after the content table is dropped. Storage object tables refer to "Oracle 8i IM Reference Manual Chapter 3: Indexing: Storage Objects" for more information.

I simply drop all these 4 basic storage object tables, and my create index SQL can run without problem.

Haven't check what's the implication of doing so.