Re: Impact of changed index inital extent

From: Daniel Roy <danielroy10_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Apr 2003 11:15:23 -0700

Which version are you using? 957 extents is probably on the high-side of acceptability (Oracle recommends that segments have no more than 1024 extents each). If you're on 9i, have you considered using automatic segment management (on locally-managed tablespaces)? If not, I'd seriously consider setting higher values for INITIAL and NEXT for that table (10M each?). If you have too many extents, the segment management overhead on the system tables fet$ and uet$ can be quite high.

Just my 2 cents

Daniel