Re: SSL encryption WITHOUT authentication?

From: Mike <mikea_730_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Apr 2003 15:01:03 -0700

Sorry! I was not very specific.

I'm looking to monitor an Oracle database remotely using Oracle 9i tools. Specifically I want to use tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQLPlus Worksheet, etc... I've configured the listener with the TCPS protocol, but do I have to create a wallet and enter a certificate? I just want the encryption not the authentication. I thought by just using the encryption and not the authentication, I could get away without having to create a wallet with a certificate on the database server and on the client.

Thanks again for any clarification on this! Mike