Re: Just a very simple question - ORA-01034

From: Vasileios Lourdas <Vasileios.Lourdas_at_eurodyn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:50:59 +0300

Hi,

The solution is to telnet to Solaris and to open Server Manager. You have to login as the oracle user in Solaris and run svrmgrl. The output from our Linux server here is this, but this is the same as with Solaris ***
oracle_at_salonika:~$ svrmgrl

Oracle Server Manager Release 3.1.6.0.0 - Production

Copyright (c) 1997, 1999, Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.6.1.0 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.6.0.0 - Production

SVRMGR> connect internal
Connected.
SVRMGR> startup
***
and the database should be mounted and open. Then, you are done.

Of course, to follow the procedure above, you must know the password for the oracle account in Solaris. I use Windows 2000 here to connect to Oracle in our Linux server, but the Windows Oracle client does not seem to have Server Manager, so you must use the one in Solaris.

Thanks,
Vasilis