[LOCAL] Reminder: Oracle Clustering File System talk, Nor. Cal., Apr 21

From: William Kendrick <bill_at_newbreedsoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:03:21 GMT

It's been a while since I last posted about this, and the meeting isn't for another week-and-a-half, so here's a quick reminder:

Mark Fasheh from Oracle Corporation's Linux Development Team will be speaking at LUGOD, the Linux Users' Group of Davis, on Monday, April 21st from 6:30pm to 9:00pm.

Here's an extract from the talk summary:

  OCFS is a clustered database file system written at Oracle for the   Linux kernel (as a file system module), and released under the GNU GPL.   The presentation will describe the basics of OCFS, including on disk   layout, advantages of extent based systems, locking strategies, change   notification, journaling/node recovery, and database optimizations.   Lay out the reasoning behind our design choices, what we've learned   from those, and future OCFS improvements.

In conjunction with the Oracle Technology Network, he will also be bringing the latest Oracle 9i Database on Linux software for all attendees, too! :^)

LUGOD meetings are free and open to the public. Just show up!

For more information, visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/

For directions and maps to our meeting facilities, see:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/library/

-bill!
pr_at_lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/
Linux Users' Group of Davis Received on Thu Apr 10 2003 - 21:03:21 CEST

Original text of this message