Re: Oracle - Error

From: Daniel Roy <danielroy10_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Apr 2003 06:45:14 -0700

Login into SQL*Plus as user SYSTEM, and issue "show parameter dump". Then go on the server in the directory identified by the parameter background_dump_dest, and get the file named something like alert_*.log, where * is your database name. From the same directory, send any file dated at about the same time as the error ocurred. Do the same from the directory identified by user_dump_dest. You can cut these files and post the relevant info (at the moment of the failure), or email the whole thing to me (zipped, if possible), and I'll post the relevant data for you. Could you also tell us when that error ocurred, and how often.

Daniel