JDBC and Oracle

From: Matthias Kampmann <matthias.kampmann_at_uni-bielefeld.de>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 11:02:39 +0200

Hello,
I am working with Oracle 8.1. and the original Oracle-JDBC-Driver for a Java-Server-Project.
The problem is that i cant recognize any changes in the ResultSets or RowSets through method rowUpdated. I use a tree of hundrets of small ResultSets and cant notify if the corresponding data in the DB changed. The doclet is telling me that i cant notify the changes at all, but the ResultSets will change automatically due to a JDBC link. But even this don't work and isn't much of use for me. (jdbc should generally recognize if there is a change, but not on the Oracle-jdbc-driver. This jdbc-feature (method rowUpdated) is in my Oracle-jdbc-driver set always on false.
I need some way to recognize if their is a change on the ResultSets without simply reading it again through sql-queries. Questions:

1. Have anyone a guess to solve the prob?
2. Somebody know with JDBC-driver for Oracle does what i want?
3. By the way, is there a Profiler for good benchmarking the
java-methods out? Maybe a free one? Or with IDE have a good one?

Thx in advance, Matthias Received on Sun Apr 06 2003 - 11:02:39 CEST

Original text of this message