Re: Problem with Win2K DB service

From: pixelmeow <NJZLIRWUWYGI_at_spammotel.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 20:09:35 GMT

On Thu, 03 Apr 2003 21:37:55 +0200, in comp.databases.oracle, Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> scribbled:

>DO you have *local* administrative rights? You *need* that!.
>Judging from your statement, it looks like you do not.

I do, and I agree that it seemed that I didn't. You know what's strange? After a reboot, the service disappeared from the Services window. Shoulda known, shoulda known.

>You describe exactly where the services are located in the
>registry...
>
>You can always use the oradim tool:
>oradim -delete -sid x
>oradim -new -sid x -pfile d:\.... -intpwd .... -etc, etc.
>
>Use oradim -help to see all options.

Thanks for this, I had seen this mentioned elsewhere in Google Groups, in one of these Oracle groups.

--
Teresa Redmond
Programmer/Analyst II