Re: Starting Oracle9i release 2 on Win2k Server

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 09:41:44 -0600

News_at_kooijman.demon.nl (News_at_Bart) wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>I am about to install Oracle9i on a Win2k Server SP3 machine for
>development purposes. How do I make sure that I can start and stop
>Oracle9i with for examlpe one batch file instead of all the Oracle
>Win2k services? I do not want Oracle to pollute my win2k services list
>on my machine. I would like to run it as lean and mean as possible.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Bart.
I think you cannot - Oracle requires several things to be running and the service created by oradim ( for your instance) and for other oracle processes must be run as services ( AFAIK) ..You can, however, make them manual and, if you want to get rid of them, use oradim -delete to remove the instance and edit the registry ( or uninstall) to remove the other services .