Re: olap functionality in an ORACLE Rdbms

From: Jusung Yang <JusungYang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Apr 2003 09:24:36 -0800

ORACLE has a very nice DOC on data warehousing, definitely look it up. You can look up ORACLE 9i OLAP as well, although it may not be useful to you at this point. As to aggregations, find out from users what you want to see, that would give you some ideas as to what to aggregate. And then monitor data mart usage and see how often these MVs are queried. Add or drop accordingly.

  • Jusung Yang