Re: how to take cold backup daily

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 1 Apr 2003 05:31:34 -0800

spraveen2001_at_yahoo.com (Praveen) wrote in message news:<98d8ec76.0304010149.2a7126c6_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi All,
>
> I have a database for which want to take cold backup on dialy basis.
> Please anyone can tell me how can i do this?
>
> thanks in advance,
> Praveen

  • Read the chapters on Backup and Recovery
  • develop a cold backup script using the scripting language of the O/S
  • submit it through the job facility of the O/S -Or -hire a consultant -but -PLEASE do NOT ASK the group to do your work for you, and definitely don't ask these question, if you are too lazy to provide any detail on O/S, version, etc.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Apr 01 2003 - 15:31:34 CEST

Original text of this message