connect java program to ORACLE8 via JDBC with ORACLE9 driver (Windows 2000)

From: CD <dietsch_at_rzvn.de>
Date: 1 Apr 2003 04:33:44 -0800

Hello,
is it possible to connect a java program to an oracle 8 ( or oracle 7 ) database by the oracle 9 JDBC-driver ? I loaded down the oracle 9.2 JDBC driver which consists of two files : one jar archive ( ojdbc14.jar - I work with JDK 1.4 ) and one archive with libraryfiles. I put ojdbc14.jar into the jdbc/lib path of the oracle 8 database. Then I put it into the classpath and imported it into the java program ( import oracle.jdbc.*; ). Running the program, I got the errormessage : java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError :
no ocijdbc9 in java.library.path.
So I extracted the lib archive and put the files into the bin path of oracle 8.
Then I got the message : ocijdbc9.dll : Can't find dependent libraries.
So, does anybody know the right way to do it ? Thank you in advance,

CD Received on Tue Apr 01 2003 - 14:33:44 CEST

Original text of this message