9i Java Stored Procedure - ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

From: Joe Barnes <jbarnes_at_reallysi.com>
Date: 31 Mar 2003 13:01:03 -0800

Hi all,
I have a java stored procedure living in a 9i database (java class and PL/SQL wrapper). This procedure reads in roughly 1600 XML files from the local filesystem, parses them, and writes the extracted values to various tables in the same database where the procedure lives.

This process has run fine a number of times in my local environment (both Linux and Windows 2000/ XP). However, when attempting to run it in a Solaris envrionment it got about 1/2 way through and kicked back this error:

ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

The Solaris environment has the procedure called from an 8i Windows client and running over IP to a machine on the VPN but some distance away (not that that should make a difference).

Any ideas why this occured and what we can do?

Thanks,
Joe Received on Mon Mar 31 2003 - 23:01:03 CEST

Original text of this message