Oracle JDBC Thin Driver Memory leak in scrollable result set

From: Rajesh Manickadas <rmanickadas_at_selectica.com>
Date: 31 Mar 2003 08:50:43 -0800

Hi,

I am using oracle 8.1.7 with oracle thin jdbc driver (classes12.zip) with jre 1.2.2. When I try to use the scrollable resultset and fetch records with the default fetch size, I run into memory leaks. When the records fetched are large(10000 records) over a period of access I get "outofmemory" error because of the leak. There is no use increasing the heap size as the leak is anyhow there.

I tried using optimizeit and found there is a huge amout of memory leak for each execution of scrollable resultsets and this memory leak is propotional to the no of records fetched. This memory leak is not released even when i set the resultset,statement objects to null. Also when i use methods like scrollabelresultset.last() this memory leak increases.

So is this a problem with the driver or i am doing some wrong.

If some of you can help me with a solution to solve this it would be of help. If needed i can provide some statistics of these memory leaks using optimize it and share the code.

Thanks
Rajesh Received on Mon Mar 31 2003 - 18:50:43 CEST

Original text of this message