OracleService won't start after upgrade to Veritas 9.0

From: onewhowaits4nx <cicelyak_at_cox.nospam.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 19:25:48 -0800

Upgraded from Veritas Backup Exec 8.6 to 9.0. Now my OracleService for the target database will not start. Service will hang on "Starting", but will never get to "Started." Removed Veritas 9.0 and hard-booted. Same result. Opened SVRMGRL and connected as "Internal". "Startup;" command was successful in mounting the database. This is a workaround solution.

How do I fix the OracleService without reinstalling Oracle and re-loading the database from exported data files? Received on Fri Mar 28 2003 - 04:25:48 CET

Original text of this message