Re: Oracle 8I vs. Oracle 9i

From: amanda <amanda94621_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Mar 2003 18:08:12 -0800

Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message news:<3E7C5FD0.1040605_at_netscape.net>...

> Documentation on both versions is on http://tahiti.oracle.com

 Thanks

> A piece of advice: as you seem to be getting started, don't
> get involved in a soon-to-be-depreciated product as 8i,
> go for the 9i stuff right away.
  O.K

> It will save you to go thru the what's new in 9i phase, too,
> as you are in it anyway.
 The baisc skill I learned in PL/SQL was with 8i which I learned a while back before I took Java and some other courses. Frankly, I don't remember much but it was procedural like C and so won't be so hard to review but I might as well just practise/learn with 9i instead.

 Thanks a lot...again. Received on Sun Mar 23 2003 - 03:08:12 CET

Original text of this message