Re: How can I get the first 20 records !!

From: Gabriel Gonzalez <no-spam_at_no-spam.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:56:19 -0800

> 2. select * from
> ( select * from address where lastname >= ' ' order by
 lastname,firstname)
> where rownum <= 20;
> (This does work properly, but it takes to much time to get the results
> because the inner select-statement creates a big cursor. This is the
> reason why I can't use this type of select-statement).

I did not read your message completely the first time (my bad, sorry).

I do not know what you are talking about in the above statement. Surely you do not mean that Oracle extracts 1.000.000 records and _then_ chooses the top 20, right? that's not how Oracle works. Received on Wed Mar 19 2003 - 21:56:19 CET

Original text of this message