Re: Visual Basic and ORACLE

From: Ron Ruble <raffles2_at_att.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:08:30 GMT

"Curt Emich" <cemich_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:rf6cnfS9OJI-i-WjXTWc3Q_at_comcast.com...
> I want to read some data from ORACLE with VB, but have never done it. Is it
> better to use DAO/ODBC or ADO? Thanks.

In addition to the comments of others, note that both Microsoft and Oracle provide free drivers for Oracle databases. I generally find Oracle's drivers to perform better than Microsoft's. Subscribe to Oracle's technet service; it's free and gives you access to their online documentation and KBase.

You may run into problems with Microsoft examples in Oracle, due to differences in T-SQL and PL/SQL. Oracle provides some nice examples that are correct for their version of SQL. Received on Wed Mar 19 2003 - 13:08:30 CET

Original text of this message