Re: Oracle 8I vs. Oracle 9i

From: Tony <andrewst_at_onetel.net.uk>
Date: 17 Mar 2003 02:08:40 -0800

amanda94621_at_yahoo.com (amanda) wrote in message news:<bbea23b7.0303162050.1611262b_at_posting.google.com>...
> Is there a major differnce between version 8i and 9i?
>
> When I took "Introduction to Oracle", not a required course but to
> complement "Databse Design" course, a required course where professor
> didn't teach anything, it was with 8i.
>
> I have been budy finsihign school and now I want to pick up my PL/SQL
> programming and learn more. Can I use the same book I have on 8i or
> should I get a book for 9i.
>
> I am thinking that it doesn't make sense for me to keep buying books
> (unless I landed a job and need to use 9i) while the job market is so
> tight.
>
> Thanks.

The PL/SQL differences are described in the Oracle PL/SQL Reference manual here:

http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle9i/doc_library/release2/appdev.920/a96624/whatsnew.htm#967650

In the same area you can find all other Oracle documentation with sections describing what's new in 9i. Received on Mon Mar 17 2003 - 11:08:40 CET

Original text of this message