Re: Language problem with title bar

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 20:58:48 +0100

Stefan Meissner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if I open a forms application (Forms 9i) then the title bar menu of the
> application uses the system language (german in this case). The title
> bars of all opened document windows inside the application use the
> english language.
>
> Example: The menu of the application title bar contains the entries
> 'minimieren', 'maximieren' and 'schliessen' while the title bar of the
> document window contains 'minimize', 'maximize' and 'close'.
>
> Is there any way to change the entries to the german (or any other
> language)?
>
> Maybe, this can be configured on the forms server. Does anybody know
> where? Also solutions on the client are welcome.
>

> Tanks
> Stefan

I suspect your system (o/s) is set up in German - so any system windows and buttons would abide that language setting. Forms, however, come with what the programmer put in it, and needs the "National Language Support" files installed, too.

So, for the forms stuff you need two things: - an application with German phrases, (window-)titles, etc.

   ("Written in german")
- German NLS support

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel