Query Execution time

From: Praveen <spraveen2001_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Mar 2003 04:17:38 -0800

Hi All,

I have a query and i'm trying to know the timed taken by query for execution and fetch. If i used SET TIMING ON and run the query, it is showing "Elapsed: 00:01:102.51". At the same time i used trace on and saw the trace file using TKPROF. trace file is shows the following...

call     count       cpu    elapsed       disk      query    current
     rows

------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
Parse        1      0.00       0.50          0          0          0
        0
Execute      1      0.00       0.06          0          0          0
        0
Fetch        6      0.00       2.07          0         88          4
       62

total        8      0.00       2.63          0         88          4
       62

  • I'm in confusion which one is correct.
  • If trace file is correct, then why fetching is taking more time for only 62 records?

Please anyone can help me??
Thanks in Advance,
Praveen Received on Wed Mar 12 2003 - 13:17:38 CET

Original text of this message