Oracle 8.1.7 Standard to Oracle 8.1.7 Enterprise Upgrade Question

From: Subrahmanyam Arya <avsrk_at_mailcity.com>
Date: 11 Mar 2003 14:36:36 -0800

Dear Oracle gurus,

I did the following steps to upgrade from 8.17 SE to 8.1.7 EE on Sun Sparc solaris

  1. De-installed the SE
  2. Re-installed the EE in the same oracle home
  3. At the time of installing EE, i checked the option for 'Oracle Data Migration Assistant' to upgrade the database
  4. Install completed successfully and the Oracle Data Migration assistant ran and gave the message "Cannot upgrade. The Selected database is alaredy an Oracle 8.1.7 database'
  5. So now, shall i assume that my database which was created in SE is in tact and can be used as it is without any changes in EE ??
  6. I did not do any backup be fore de-installing standard and installing EE ?? Since this was a test process.
  7. All my dbf/ctl/redo log files were in ora02 and in ora02/oradata i see a lost+found instead of a directory by name <myoldsid>. And instead, this <myoldsid> has been moved to ora01/oradata

-thx,
avsrk Received on Tue Mar 11 2003 - 23:36:36 CET

Original text of this message