Re: HELP: Recreating or copying tablespaces in Oracle 8.1.7?

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 01:37:20 GMT

Bob <bob_at_hotmail.com> wrote in

> On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 00:49:46 GMT, "Ana C. Dent"

><anacedent_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>>Please do yourself & everyone else involved a big favor
>>and stop pretending that you know anything about Oracle.
>>
>>Go take a couple of days & read for the 1st time the
>>Oracle Concepts Manual. It is obvious you understand
>>little, if anything, about Oracle and internal components.

> Interesting, but the fact that you were unable to offer any
> constructive advice indicates to me that you are (perhaps) unable to
> answer or even understand the nature of the question.

You are quiet correct.
I did NOT understand your posting,
because it was a convoluted mishmash of database related terms that made absolutely no sense in context of discussing an Oracle database. While this is a slight exageration I considered your original post similar to the following question.

What is the best color of the rainbow;
sandy, shrill, sour or soft?

I'd conclude that a person who would ask the question above had little or no concept of exactly what was a rainbow. This is why I suggested that you try reading the Concepts Manual. After that you might be able to pose an intelligent question which actually might get an answer or two. Received on Fri Mar 07 2003 - 02:37:20 CET

Original text of this message