Re: OK I really feel like ranting now

From: Maximus <2542asdasd_at_qwe233qw.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 06:57:18 GMT

"Ana C. Dent" <anacedent_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Xns9335BE77FCA03SunnySD_at_68.6.19.6...
> "Maximus" <2542asdasd_at_qwe233qw.com> wrote in
>
> > I have been trying to install 9i AS release 9.0.2.0.1 for about four
 days
> > now. Fresh Linux Red Hat AS 2.1 installs on both machines, all the
> > pre-installation requirements met, etc. The infrastructure instance
> > installed ok without errors after about two days and seven tries, The
> > application server instance will not complete without glitching
 somewhere
> > along the way and after about 20 tries I'm getting a little tired of it.
> > The install and link phase always succeeds but one or more configuration
> > assistants fail and looking at the install log doesn't seem to give any
> > useful clues as to why. Have others gone thru such a frustrating
 install
> > experience or is it just me?
> >

> You are NOT alone.
> 9iAS R2 is user hostile software
> with a Mean Time To Anger measured in minutes.
> It has many, many bugs.
> After completing the base installation,
> then install the "CORE Patchset".
> If you don't install Patchset1, they are guarenteed to NOT work.

Well, I finally succeeded getting everything to install without errors (my problems were due to many things but mainly some bad memory causing lots of seg faults on one machine). I basically just want the forms and reports services, this is a good thing to know about the patches. Thanks for that tip. Is it pretty stable once it's all patched up? Received on Thu Mar 06 2003 - 07:57:18 CET

Original text of this message