Re: jobs

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 6 Mar 2003 09:53:47 -0800

aniljoshi72_at_hotmail.com (anil) wrote in message news:<8b5cfd31.0303041241.783c48da_at_posting.google.com>...
> hi my name is anil. i live in seattle. currently i am obtaining my
> ocp. does anybody have some ideas or some names of companies that hire
> entry level DBA.
>
> thanks in advance

I really hope you did not pay an expensive training company for this. They are scams. There is no such thing as an entry level DBA. They either start as developers or network engineers. There are no entry level Oracle Developer jobs around in this economy and have not been for 2 years or more. Dont know about the network engineer route.

Also, to get start these days you really need a college degree in a technical discipline, preferably in computer science. There are 50-100 applicants who have experience for every job. Most of the kids coming out of college are not getting jobs either.

The 'myth' of the entry level DBA job needs to be scuttled. I hope someone sues some of these training companies for false advertising.

BTW, its not you. Im sure your smart and you work hard. Job just does not exist and there are THOUSANDS of people like you. I saw one company advertising for laid off workers saying they can use their government subsidized training money to pay for classes.... so the government is getting scammed also. Received on Thu Mar 06 2003 - 18:53:47 CET

Original text of this message