Re: HELP: Recreating or copying tablespaces in Oracle 8.1.7?

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 00:49:46 GMT

Bob <bob_at_hotmail.com> wrote in

> Dear Group:
>
> I am running Oracle 8.1.7 (non-enterprise) on Windows NT 4.0 SP5 and I
> am wondering if there are any automated batch commands or scripts in
> SQL that will allow me to copy existing tablespaces within the *same*
> global database. For example, we have 4 extents (Prod, Pilot, Demo and
> Test) and I want to make duplicate copies of "Prod" within the same
> RDBMS. Is there a way to automatically recreate a second copy of
> "Prod", with the related IDX and TEMP tablespaces (with all of the
> tables / data). Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am a newbie
> at this.
>
> PEACE

Please do yourself & everyone else involved a big favor and stop pretending that you know anything about Oracle.

Go take a couple of days & read for the 1st time the Oracle Concepts Manual. It is obvious you understand little, if anything, about Oracle and internal components. Received on Wed Mar 05 2003 - 01:49:46 CET

Original text of this message