OK I really feel like ranting now

From: Maximus <2542asdasd_at_qwe233qw.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 03:04:30 GMT

I have been trying to install 9i AS release 9.0.2.0.1 for about four days now. Fresh Linux Red Hat AS 2.1 installs on both machines, all the pre-installation requirements met, etc. The infrastructure instance installed ok without errors after about two days and seven tries, The application server instance will not complete without glitching somewhere along the way and after about 20 tries I'm getting a little tired of it. The install and link phase always succeeds but one or more configuration assistants fail and looking at the install log doesn't seem to give any useful clues as to why. Have others gone thru such a frustrating install experience or is it just me? Received on Wed Mar 05 2003 - 04:04:30 CET

Original text of this message