Q: ora-12801

From: kramer <shankariyer3_at_attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 07:13:37 GMT

How can I solve this damn error, happening when I've run the PL/SQL script in ||el.

This is the scenario...

I've an insert with select from 3 tables and when I enable the ||el clause, I get this error. Otherwise the script works fine( but slow )...

execute immediate 'alter session enable parallel dml'; insert /*+parallel( schema2.insert_table, 4 ) */ into table select /*+parallel( schema1.select_table1, 4 ) parallel( schema1.select_table2, 4 ) parallel( schema1.select_table3, 4 ) */ schema2.public_sequence.nextval,

from

schema1.select_table1,
schema1.select_table2,
schema1.select_table3

where

Strangely it fails saying that it can't insert a null. That particular column is being populated from the sequence( from the select ).

My understand is for some reason, it tries to insert for a condition it failes to return a row, but it can happen when the query is being parsed, right. But why is it trying to insert while parsing(1), and if so, how the ||el is giving it a problem.

Any guidance is really appreciated. Thanks. shankar. Received on Fri Feb 28 2003 - 08:13:37 CET

Original text of this message