Re: oracle introduction/tutorial

From: Michael Kuznetsov <mvk_at_servocomp.ru>
Date: 28 Feb 2003 06:29:53 -0800

"Robert Lehpaner" <robert.lehpaner_at_merkur.hr> wrote in message news:<b3hqge$9sk8$1_at_as201.hinet.hr>...
> hi,
> does some know where to find a simple introduction for oracle 8.x?
>
> thank you

Hi Robert,

First of all I recommend you buy book with Oracle overview. Something like Oracle in a Nutshell. You can also get all information about Oracle from documentation but independent books are more compact and 'practicle oriented'.

Second I recommend you use Oracle by Example series from Oracle Technet. It's set of tutorials that show many database and application server features. See:

http://otn.oracle.com/products/oracle9i/htdocs/9iober2/index.html

There are Oracle 9i examples. There where 8i examples recently but I can&#8217;t find it now. I think you can write e-mail to technet and ask about old examples.

Regards,
Michael
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Programming
http://www.brainbench.com Received on Fri Feb 28 2003 - 15:29:53 CET