Question about DBMS_SHARED_POOL package

From: Mike <mikea_730_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Feb 2003 16:48:53 -0800

According to the Oracle docs purpose of the DBMS_SHARED_POOL package is to allow access to the shared pool to display sizes of objects and to "KEEP" objects to avoid shared pool fragmentation.

From what I can determine this package primarily manipulates the "Library Cache" for listing, pinning (KEEPING) objects. How are the other components of the shared pool effected? I assume it must effect the Dictionary cache also (or some other shared pool components) otherwise the package would be called "DBMS_LIBRARY_CACHE.(KEEP|SIZE, etc..)

Just courious if anyone knows the details on this.

Thanks!!!
Mike Received on Fri Feb 28 2003 - 01:48:53 CET

Original text of this message