PL/SQL Newbie

From: Karl <karl_72_at_msn.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2003 06:53:09 -0800

Thanks in advance for everyones help. I have been thrown into assignment that I know just enough to get me in trouble. Here's my question/problem. We have a pre-existing table that we have just added an additional column to for a length of varchar 6 and populated with 0's. However, now i need to fill them with a value = to a value of a corresponding column in the same table. I just don't know the exact syntax to accomplish this. I'm thinking that I will first check to see if that column has all 0's. If it doesn't i will skip that row but if it doesn't I will go ahead with my update. Can anyone help. Or do you need more info? thanks Received on Fri Feb 21 2003 - 15:53:09 CET

Original text of this message