Re: Table Problem

From: VasantKumar Naidu <vask001_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Feb 2003 03:53:19 -0800

kenny,

in oracle you first have to create tablespace and then users for the newly created tablespaces. the SYSTEM is the user where the system information about oracle is stored, when you create a user without attachine it a ordinary tablespace, it gets attached to the system tablespace and thus you are seeing all the information when you execute your program.

run the following code:

  1. create a tablespace

create tablespace kenny_tbsp_01
datafile 'C:\oradata\kenny_df_01.dbf'
size 50M;

2. next create the user

create user kenny identified by kenny123 default tablespace kenny_tbsp_01
temporary tablespace temp;

3. create all you objects in this user, and only the objects which you create will be stored here.

  • there is nothing wrong in your vb program.

cheers,
vasant