Re: sqlldr: any way to read unicode data files?

From: Irmen de Jong <irmen_at_-NOSPAM-REMOVE-THIS-xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:14:27 +0100

DA Morgan wrote:
> Are you assuming that VARCHAR2(20) means 20 characters rather than 20
> bytes? Or something similar?

Thanks for pointing this out, though we took care of that earlier :-)

In the end we solved our problem like this:

  1. use sqlserver's bcp.exe with the -w option to generate UTF16 data dump
  2. use python script to convert the UTF16 data dumps to UTF8
  3. use sqlldr with "CHARACTERSET UTF8" in the control file to read the UTF8 data dumps.

Irmen de Jong. Received on Thu Feb 20 2003 - 22:14:27 CET

Original text of this message