Re: Migration from sqlserver to oracle 8i: character set conversionproblems

From: Irmen de Jong <irmen_at_-NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:09:34 +0100

DA Morgan wrote:

> This has nothing to do with column types, VARCHAR2 or NVARCHAR. It has
> to do with the character set of the database.

The database config itself is ok, because I can store and retrieve unicode characters just fine by using a test Java program that accesses the oracle destination database directly trough the JDBC driver. Storing € and retrieving it works perfectly (I checked the character code that is returned, this is 0x20ac, and that is the unicode code for the € symbol).

So I don't think it is a database character set issue.

Irmen de Jong Received on Tue Feb 18 2003 - 16:09:34 CET

Original text of this message