Re: decode function in ingres

From: Gilgamesh Nootebos <gilgamesh_at_koekjes.net>
Date: 17 Feb 2003 11:44:12 -0600

Hi krishna,

krishna wrote:

>Is there any function in Ingres which in equivalent to Decode function
>in oracle. all I want to do is print 'Y' for 1 and 'N' or 0. any
>function for this purpose?

There is no such function according to my knowlegde(which is adequate for my day to day programming activities but not nearly as large as some DBA's I know) but there is a trick we use on Ingres II 2.0(and should work on earlier versions too) to create reports in a single table scan without CASE expressions: select charextract('NY', 0 + 1),charextract('NY', 1 + 1) does what you want.

Good luck

Gilgamesh

--
Gilgamesh Nootebos
_at_: gilgamesh_at_koekjes.net

"You must realize that the computer has it in for you.  The irrefutable
proof of this is that the computer always does what you tell it to do."