Re: ADABAS to Oracle conversion

From: Ken North <knorth2_at_deletethis.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 17:02:07 -0800

> We're in the early stages of attempting a conversion from ADABAS to
> Oracle.
>
> All of our database access in our programs is through a standard set
> of interface routines. Our idea was to simply translate these
> interface routines into oracle access ones.

It isn't clear from your posting whether you're using also SQL to access Adabas, or only the navigational (record-at-a-time) model for accessing data. You'll find it easier to migrate to Oracle if you use SQL and the new ODBC and/or JDBC interfaces to Adabas. Received on Sat Feb 15 2003 - 02:02:07 CET

Original text of this message